Welcome to my Blog. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoy taking them!

All photos on this blog are for your personal viewing pleasure. They are copyrighted with all rights reserved. These images may not be used without express written permission.

Thanks for Dropping By and Have a Great Day, :)
Tom


Saturday, March 27, 2010

Crested Caracara, Turkey, White-Faced Ibis

My son-in-law and I came upon this Crested Caracara sitting in a tree at Pintail Loop in Cameron Parish today. Being backlit by the sun left much to be desired for the image. I've never seen brown plumage on a Crested Caracara and wondered if this was a juvenile Caracara. (Left click to enlarge)


We were traveling down a farm road when a hen ran across the road followed by two Tom Turkeys. They were displaying and gobbling attempting to gain the attention of the hen. (Left click to enlarge).


This multi-colored, stunning White-Faced Ibis was at Pintail Loop today showing off its iridescent plumage. (Left click to enlarge).

No comments:

Post a Comment