Welcome to my Blog. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoy taking them!

All photos on this blog are for your personal viewing pleasure. They are copyrighted with all rights reserved. These images may not be used without express written permission.

Thanks for Dropping By and Have a Great Day, :)
Tom


Thursday, December 3, 2009

Aransas NWR


Driving to Aransas NWR we spotted some Sandhill Cranes foraging in a field. These guys are gray, stand tall with long legs, long necks and have quite a wingspan. Their tail feather plumage reminds me of an Ostrich's tail feather plumage. Once you hear their loud, unique call, you will always remember it. It made me wonder how these birds compare in size to the Whooping Cranes which we hoped to see. Those are some cool birds!

No comments:

Post a Comment