Welcome to my Blog. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoy taking them!

All photos on this blog are for your personal viewing pleasure. They are copyrighted with all rights reserved. These images may not be used without express written permission.

Thanks for Dropping By and Have a Great Day, :)
Tom


Monday, January 3, 2011

A Dark Hawk

The thought of witnessing a Golden Eagle first hand was overwhelming. I couldn't stand it, climbed into my truck and set out for Fabacher Road after work today.

The Golden Eagle was not found but there was a peculiar looking dark Hawk sitting in a tree. My camera was up in a flash, focused and the shutter pressed.

This is really a fine looking dark hawk that I believe to be a Harlan's Red-Tailed Hawk. The Hawk never flew as I drove away. This is one cool looking raptor as you can see.

Please let me know if you feel this raptor is misidentified and of another species.

Left-Click to Enlarge

1 comment: