Welcome to my Blog. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoy taking them!

All photos on this blog are for your personal viewing pleasure. They are copyrighted with all rights reserved. These images may not be used without express written permission.

Thanks for Dropping By and Have a Great Day, :)
Tom


Thursday, January 16, 2014

CINNAMON TEAL

Nearly all Cinnamon Teal winter in Mexico and Central America. This one decided to hang out in Cajun Country at Pintail Loop. Seeing this rare-to-Louisiana Cinnamon Teal reminded me of one I harvested as a teenager when hunting ducks.

LEFT-CLICK ON IMAGES TO ENLARGE

A look at its blue shoulder patch and green speculum separated by a white stripe.



BOTTOM'S UP and you can see its iridescent plumage when the light hits just right.



What do you think of that piercing, distinctive red eye?




No comments:

Post a Comment