Welcome to my Blog. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoy taking them!

All photos on this blog are for your personal viewing pleasure. They are copyrighted with all rights reserved. These images may not be used without express written permission.

Thanks for Dropping By and Have a Great Day, :)
Tom


Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Northern Bobwhite

As I was driving down Fabacher Road today several plump Northern Bobwhite scurried quickly across the road. I quickly grabbed my camera and jumped from the truck in hopes of getting a picture. I was fortunate that a few Bobwhites bringing up the rear had not disappeared into the field and was able to get their picture. Note how well these guys blend in with their environment.

The female Bobwhite is on the bottom right side of the picture and the male is to her left..

The Nothern Bobwhite is a Near Threatened species due to its rapid decline in recent decades.

I rarely see Northern Bobwhite but it is always a pleasure when they show up.

Left-Click to Enlarge

No comments:

Post a Comment