Welcome to my Blog. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoy taking them!

All photos on this blog are for your personal viewing pleasure. They are copyrighted with all rights reserved. These images may not be used without express written permission.

Thanks for Dropping By and Have a Great Day, :)
Tom


Sunday, November 28, 2010

White Tailed kites / Juncos

While driving to Peveto this afternoon I noticed a couple of birds that appeared to be small gulls but they didn't fly like small gulls. They were dynamiic in flight and were some real flying machines. Then I understood. They were White-Tailed Kites. (LEFT CLICK TO ENLARGE ALL PICTURES)




These birds are fascinating to watch with their aerial acrobatics.




Taking pictures was much easier when they decided to take a break. These birds were a first for me and it was a privelege to watch them for a short time.

At Peveto, I ran into hard-working Dave Patton. He showed me where the Juncos were hanging out that Paul Conover spotted the day before.



These birds were a first for me as well and cool to observe. It was a great way to end a fun afternoon being out, watching birds and taking pictures.

1 comment:

  1. Great shots of the kite! You captured the ideal angle in the middle one - and with good lighting too!

    ReplyDelete