Welcome to my Blog. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoy taking them!

All photos on this blog are for your personal viewing pleasure. They are copyrighted with all rights reserved. These images may not be used without express written permission.

Thanks for Dropping By and Have a Great Day, :)
Tom


Saturday, April 5, 2014

GREATER SCAUP?

While driving to Peveto Sanctuary on LA27 South I passed a noticeably large Scaup with a lot of white, and a greenish-flat head in the canal on side of the road a bit south of the Wetland Walkway. By the time I turned around and headed back to get a picture it had paddled a bit from the road's edge.

Whaddya' think?

LEFT-CLICK ON IMAGE TO ENLARGE



According to Peterson's Field Guide the hen Greater Scaup has a wide bill and may show a pale ear patch in the fall or winter which this female shows. I am not 100% certain but feel this is good for a pair of Greater Scaup which is a first for me.



An Indigo Bunting feeding on some seeds.

No comments:

Post a Comment