Welcome to my Blog. I hope you enjoy these pictures as much as I enjoy taking them!

All photos on this blog are for your personal viewing pleasure. They are copyrighted with all rights reserved. These images may not be used without express written permission.

Thanks for Dropping By and Have a Great Day, :)
Tom


Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Purple Gallinule / Mississippi Kites

The Purple Gallinule with its kaleidoscope of colors is certainly an interesting sight to see in our Louisiana marshes.


Robby Bacon informed me he had a Mississippi Kite roosting in his yard a while back. I was over there in a flash. Sure enough a couple of Mississippi Kites were sitting in trees in his yard. They were cooperative to a degree but if you got too close they would fly to another tree nearby.


Another Mississippi Kite perched in a tree with the sun setting.

Thanks Robby! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment